Friday 9 January 2009

I'm just being silly

Well why not? It's my blog and I'll be silly if I want. In my defence though, the following silliness is completely attributable to influences I received while I was in Oregon. I do hope that Brewers Union Local 180 will correct any small errors in the following:

Beer Poetry

Dough for beer, to buy my beer
Rae, the guy who buys me beer
Me, the guy he buys beer for
Far, a long way to the pub
So, I think I'll have a beer
La, la la la la la la
Tea, no thanks I'll have a beer
And that brings us back to Dough

-----------

Beer beer the drink for me, so easy to see
The more you drink the more you pee
The more you pee the less you weigh
So lets drink beer every day

5 comments:

Brewers Union Local 180 said...

Slight correction: The first line of the second "poem" is "Beer, beer, so easy to see".

That poem leapt into my brain whilst laboring up Harter Fell, just east of the Woolpack, and is a sober reminder of why days off are essential.

Whorst said...

Nowhere near Byron or Shelley, but I like the direction. Here's one I wrote in my youth:

Red silk flows abrupt against glitter and expedience to conquer fallacies of nocturnal emissions. I boy lies awake, awake to a tease, a disease of sexual frustration. Great pain endures him as he remembers when she used his manly organ as a radiator hose for her newly acquired Honda Accord. He then recognizes he should pursue a business in foreign car parts.

Unknown said...

Thanks BUL180 for the correction. I didn't think my version was quite the same as yours, although mine works as well.

Wurst, what do you put in your beer???!!!

Jeff Pickthall said...

You been on that hemp beer from Switzerland?

Whorst said...

I'm just high on life! Where there's beer, there's life!