Friday 17 October 2008

Doing the night shift

After several day's of getting all inspired to write after reading lots of blogs and my recent visit to London I've spent the last 2 days fighting with my EPOS system (Electronic Point of Sale I think the acronym stands for) - It's basically a couple of dedicated touch screen processor things connected to a back office computer. It's very good when it works well. Lately it hasn't been, working well that is. Fortunately my support guy agreed to help me rebuild the product data base and configuration files. It seems to be working OK, but I think I only got 4 hours sleep last night and it's 2:30am now after I put all today's hand written sales back into the system.

What the hell has that got to do with beer?????? apart from the fact it tells me how much to charge for beer.

Just to say that there'll be more coming soon on this blog. My head keeps buzzing with ideas and they just have to get out somehow.....and I'd rather be typing in meaningful words into a computer than populating a database!

Meanwhile I'm sitting here, drinking a nice pint of Thirst Hop by Keswick brewery. Made with fresh green hops from this years harvest. I'm basically crap at tasting notes so all I'll say is it's very nice. Light, floral, good balance and tasty, zingy sort of hoppy thing, but not mouth puckering sour just a sherbet sort of a feel - although I'm just about to go and pull a third one just to make sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well it's 11:48 PM and I'm drinking hops as well. Union Dew, 5.2% ABV, cask conditioned to utter perfection and aggressively hopped. After this I'll go for a sip of the Oakshire Watershed IPA at 7.1%. It's on gas so it will be too cold and a bit more carbonated, but it's got a wicked bite.

And then Saturday I have to figure out what to do with 13 lbs. whole leaf Fuggles. I think I'll take some Maris Otter and some Torrefied Wheat and some 15L Crystal and use up the whole hop baggy in one batch.